Let Our Staff Create A Special Memory
Our youthful, yet experienced staff can help create a personalized funeral service that is both individual and meaningful for relatives and friends. Call them anytime to discuss your particular needs or to set up an Arrangement Conference. We’ll come up with just the right plan for your family’s particular situation.
Learn More About The Arrangement Conference
Ways We Can Personalize
Special and Unique
At Greenwich Village Funeral Home, we understand the uniqueness and character of your loved ones. We will suggest ways of bringing the spirit and essence of the deceased into the service. The creativity and individual expression that is possible is limitless.
- Personalized interiors in the casket of different fabrics and colors.
- The use of floral arrangements creatively designed and arranged.
- We will forward information for newspaper obituaries regarding contributions to a favorite charity in memory of the deceased.
- Video and audio taping of a memorial service is available to preserve the words and anecdotes of family and friends.
- We will provide elegant wooden tables and pedestals to display personal photos or collectibles.
We use memory boards and easels to display photos recalling cherished memories are often desired. The enlargement of photographs to as large as life-size.
Music and Moods
We can arrange for musicians to perform during the service, or simply play a CD or cassette recording on our state of the art music system. We also offer Satellite Radio in our location.
Dove and Balloon Releases
At burial sites, our staff can arrange for such things as dove and balloon releases.
For cremation, we can arrange for ashes to be entombed in a niche or to be scattered in a variety of ways, by boat or by plane.
We care about helping your family create a personal service.
Count on us to provide you with ideas.
Examples of Personalization
- When a parent dies that has young children we provide a memorial book and a desk where friends and relatives can sit and write about their relationship with the deceased and perhaps how that person helped and made a difference in their life. This bound volume is a wonderful and valuable keepsake when the children grow older.
- We have conducted services for equestrians where we have set the casket atop hay bales and used the deceased’s saddle on top of the casket instead of flowers. The riders show helmet and boots were displayed as well.
- After the death of a young man, we displayed his kayak, skis, and surfboard along with other personal items.
- The family of a woman that collected hats had many of them displayed around the room, and in the obituary the family invited eleven women attending the funeral to wear a hat or bonnet.
- When a prominent artist died, we turned the room into a gallery of sorts by displaying some of his paintings. We also used the artist’s self portrait, had it miniaturized into a memorial card and printed a poem that the family selected on the reverse side to hand out to those attending.
- For an individual who loved Japanese maple trees, we brought in 15-gallon potted trees and displayed them along with his personal belongings. Our staff later arranged to have the trees planted on their country property.
- When an owner of an opera company died, we suggested they bring in some sets and costumes to personalize the service.
- For an avid car collector’s funeral we suggested that his favorites be parked outside the funeral home, so when everyone arrived for the services they were on display.
Contact us today to learn more about personalized funerals.